Sneak Peek #4 Of My New Book!

Sunday, December 18, 2016

 Here's the last part of Chapter 1 of my newest book! This will be the last sneak peek posted, and my following post will be important book information and some writing tips! 
Enjoy!



I looked down the table, hoping for some sign as to who this woman was and why she was sitting at our table. Dani glared at me with wide eyes, while Ava blankly stared at the girl. Hunter leaned over the table, his eyes fixed on his brother, and brows, pulled together in a deep furrow. Tucker, on the other hand, was nothing but smiles, staring at the woman with low eyes and burning cheeks.
“Cassandra, is it?” Hunter asked, his brows still a furrowing mess. “I’m Hunter, and this is my girlfriend Daniella.” Dani gave a half-assed wave and continued stuffing a roll of sushi into her mouth.
“I’ve heard so much about you, Hunter.” Cassandra leaned her elbow on the table, long, deep brown hair cascading over her shoulders. “It’s such a pleasure to finally meet you and your girlfriend.” She turned to me and Ava, and smiles a beautiful smile. “I didn’t get your names.”
“Ava.” She said, her lip twitching.
“Chels.” I swallowed hard. “Chelsea.”
“Pleasure.” She sat back in her seat and leaned her chin on Tucker’s shoulder, looking up into his eyes. I could have vomited all over the table.
Ava leaned closer to me, her cheek brushing against my ear. “Did you know he had a girlfriend?” She whispered as gently as possible. I slowly shook my head and turned to her with a raised brow. “Well, then.” She sucked in her cheeks, letting out a popping sound through her lips.
“That’s a beautiful ring you have.” Cassandra said, reaching over the table and taking my hand. “It immediately caught my eye.”
“Thanks.” I slowly pulled my hand away and looked down on the diamonds glistening around my finger. “My boyfriend bought it for our one year anniversary.”
“One year?” She slightly gasped. “This looks like something worth at least five years of hard work and loving.” She giggled and turned towards Tucker, the highlight on her cheeks looking impeccable. “Take notes, Tucker.”
A scoff flied from Tucker’s mouth as he crossed his arms over his chest. “I wouldn’t buy you that.”
“Don’t be a jerk.” She continued with her giggling. “You don’t think I’m worth a diamond ring?”
“You’re definitely worth a diamond ring.” He said. “Just nothing like that.” He pointed to my ring, scrunching his nose. “I’d get you something better—and real.”
“Tucker!” Cassandra hissed, before covering her mouth.
“Oh, fuck off.” Ava snapped. “Every diamond on that band is real and you know it.”
Tucker arched his brow as a satisfied grin formed on his face. I could have punched him square in the jaw—that perfect fucking jaw.
“Actually, my boyfriend just signed an endorsement deal with Gatorade and has had several appearances on ESPN, and can afford anything that you can.” I snarled. “The only difference between you two, is the fact that he earns every single penny he has and you have to run to Mommy and Daddy for an allowance.”
“Shit.” I could hear Dani say from down the table.
“You weren’t complaining about Mommy and Daddy’s money when it was benefiting you, were you?” He sat up straight, unfolding his arms.
“That’s before I knew what a boy you were.” I said. “Kyle is a man.”
Tucker began laughing, so amused. “Kyle is pathetic and so is your so-called relationship.”
“Alright, that’s enough.” Hunter interjected, his voice a bit louder than usual. “You’re hitting way below the belt, Tuck.”
“This has nothing to do with you.” He huffed.
“It has everything to do with me since you’re making it everyone’s business right now.” Hunter rolled his eyes. “So shut the fuck up and eat your damn lobster.”
“I’m done here.” I stood from my seat and tossed my napkin on the table. “I’ll be back at the house.”
“No,” Tucker begins shaking his head. “You’re not going back to my house.”
“Tucker.” Cassandra whispered, placing her hand on his arm. “Don’t do this.”
“Tell your boyfriend to pay for the hotel you’ll be staying in tonight.” He said. “You know, since he’s a man and has so much fucking money to blow.”
Hunter sighed, rubbing his temples. “Please don’t pay him any mind.”
“Fuck it—I’ll go to a hotel.” I grabbed my purse and swung it over my shoulder. “I’ll see everyone in the morning.” I glared at Tucker, so hard, and had to keep myself from jumping across the table and strangling him—I’ll leave that job for Kyle.
“I’m coming with you.” Ava stood beside me, literally and figuratively. Without saying another word, I stormed from the table and through the restaurant with Ava right on my heels.
“Who does he think he is?” I spat. “He’s such a miserable person.”
“I feel sorry for that poor girl.” Ava said. “Just imagine the amount of crazy she has to put up with on a daily basis.”
“Have a great night!” The hostess said to us as we headed out of the restaurant and into the cold New York night.
“What hotels are near here?” I asked Ava, as goose bumps began to cover my entire body.
She pulls out her phone and immediately began to scroll through it. “The Roosevelt. I’ve never stayed there before but I heard it’s stunning.”
“Can you call and see if they have any rooms available for tonight?” I asked. “Please.”
While Ava was phoning the hotel, I began pacing back and forth across the icy sidewalk, trying to generate some body heat, but I’m sure the fire I had ignited inside of me would keep me from freezing.
“Chelsea?” Dani walked out of the restaurant with her arms wrapped around her shivering body. “You’re not actually leaving, are you?”
“I’m not sleeping in the same space as that asshole.” I rolled my eyes. “Did you hear all he said back there?”
“Hunter is so mad at him.” She revealed. “They started talking in Spanish and I couldn’t understand what they were saying, but I could hear the anger in Hunter’s voice.”
“I honestly just want to go home.” My teeth sunk into my bottom lip. “I knew he hated me, but I didn’t think he’d go off the rails like this, especially in front of everyone.”
“You know he’s a little—” She paused and looked around the area. “Off.”
“They have a few available rooms for the night.” Ava stepped beside me. “I can go half with you.”
I nodded. “Do you think you can bring our luggage with you in the morning and meet us at the hotel?” I asked Dani. “We’ll be staying at the Roosevelt.”
“This is unbelievable.” Dani shivered. “He owes you a massive apology.”
“I don’t even care anymore.” I sighed, exhausted and over it. “I just need to sleep this entire day off.”
“Okay.” She pulled me in for a hug, and I could feel her trembling cold body against mine. “Our flight leaves at nine, so I’ll try to get around to the hotel around seven-ish.”
“Thanks.” I tried to smile, but not even my lip twitched. “I’ll see you in the morning.”
Dani waved goodbye as she headed back into the restaurant, leaving Ava and I out in the snow and on the New York streets.
A snowflake had fallen onto my cold nose and I didn’t bother trying to brush it off. Instead, I stared straight ahead at the cars honking through the streets, yellow cabs pulling towards the curbs, lights flickering in the high rise buildings, and people rapidly walking down the sidewalks. I was supposed to be enjoying all of what New York had to offer tonight, and yet, I stormed out of a restaurant and nearly combusted into tears because my arrogant ex-boyfriend decided he wanted to ruin my night and the happiness I tried so hard to achieve. My life had been going nearly perfect after he had left my life, and now that he briefly walked back in, my entire world seemed to turn upside down.


And he is the reason why I’m sitting here tonight, in a Manhattan hotel suite, with a hot chocolate in one hand and my phone in the other, writing up my first blog post in thirteen months. 

3 comments

  1. This decade saw the inception of the yank Federation of ladies Bodybuilders. This turned into a gigantic step inside the proper course for woman bodybuilders.http://guidemesupplements.com/max-test-xtreme-review/

    ReplyDelete